- Are you a student?
- Do you have excellent communication skills?
- Are you resourceful and enthusiastic?
Then there may be a perfect role for you on the RARA team!
The Job: Communications Officer
We are currently looking for a SALT (Student Associate in Learning and Teaching) student to assist in the development and dissemination of the communications strategy connected to the ‘Raising Awareness, Raising Aspiration’ research project. The communications officer will be expected to work using their own initiative and utilise their own creative initiative, but regular meetings will be arranged with the research team.
Typical responsibilities might include:
- Updating the project website
- Assisting in the development of the ‘nudge’ campaign
- Maintaining communications with stakeholders (e.g. student union and societies)
- Managing and responding to project related email
- Assist the development of short training videos
- Schedule, organise and report on status of research activities
- Assist in the development of message content for the nudge campaign
Not only does this role present a great opportunity for the successful candidate to develop invaluable transferrable skills for future employment, it is also a chance to take part in a project that could influence policy across the whole of Higher Education!
More information about the role can be found on the Sheffield Careers website (http://careerconnect.sheffield.ac.uk/) which is accessible by using your student log in details.
Applications close on Friday 9th February 2018, interviews will be held on Friday 16th February 2018. You can apply by sending an email to RARA Tutor (email@example.com), including a CV and a 500 word personal statement. Your personal statement should explain why you’re interested in applying for the role and what skills and experience makes you a suitable candidate.
If you have any questions, please email Emma Broglia (Post-Doctoral Research Associate): firstname.lastname@example.org