We are pleased to announce our one-day conference in partnership with The Society for Research into Higher Education: Getting Personal: Conceptualising and Understanding Personal Tutoring.
The day will feature a range of talks including empirical research and evaluation from the RARA project, as well as think pieces and conceptual papers on themes related to and aligned with personal tutoring. Some of these themes include the role of personal tutoring in student transitions, mental health, mentoring, pastoral support and employability.
The day will also include contributions from other projects funded under the Office for Students Addressing Barriers to Student Success (ABSS) funding, such as the Changing Mindsets project.
The day will be facilitated by Samuel Dent, University of Sheffield, including contributions from:
- Dr. Emma Broglia, Post-Doctoral Research Associate, The University of Sheffield
- Dr Kay Guccione, Mentoring & Coaching Consultant, The University of Sheffield
- Dr Camille Kandiko Howson, Senior Lecturer in Higher Education & Academic Head of Student Engagement, Kings College London
- Dr. Alison Stenton, Senior Tutor, Green Templeton College, Oxford
- Dr Jessica Gagnon, Senior Research Fellow, The University of Portsmouth
- Arif Mahmud, Senior Research Associate, The University of Portsmouth
- Dr Ciaran Burke, Associate Professor of Higher Education, The University of Derby
The event will take place on the 21st June, and full details and how to sign up can be found here: The conference is open to all and free, including lunch.
Please note the talks from this event will be filmed as part of the development of the RARA project CPD deliverables. Attendees may be in shot for some camera angels.
If you have any further questions please get in touch here.